The end of night procedure is basically the reverse of the
At the fourth floor observing area (Section 3.1):
- Close the entrance apertures to the FTS.
- Place the filter wheels at position 0.
- Unlock the servo system by entering `velocity' mode.
- Turn off power to acquisition and guide TV sets.
- Turn off the R1/R2 oscilloscope.
- Turn off power to main control panel.
On the fifth floor:
- Turn off dewar preamps. BECAUSE OF THE EXTREME SENSITIVITY OF THE
DETECTORS AND SINCE THEY ARE PRONE TO DAMAGE BY RADIO HANDSET
TRANSMISSIONS, THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP!
- Check the temperatures of both dewars. They normally have a holding time
of approximately 24 hours. If one them indicates a value of more than 16
mV then it will be too warm by the evening and should be refilled before
leaving the summit.
- Turn off main power supply. ALL ELECTRONICS SHOULD BE TURNED
OFF PRIOR TO THIS STEP.