- Target-of-Opportunity (TOO) programs for the Queued Service
Observing (QSO) mode with MegaPrime, WIRCam, and ESPaDOnS must be
submitted through a special Web
form. This form is automatically sent to the relevant CFHT staff
- The submitted TOO program must be approved by the CFHT
Director and/or the Director of Science Operations. The proposal will
also be reviewed by the Queue Coordinator in charge of the QSO
- The TOO program must be submitted prior to an observing night
in the QSO mode, ideally several hours before the beginning of the
night. It will not be possible to submit and execute the observations
during an observing night, unless it is proved that the matter is very
- If the proposal is accepted, the CFHT Director will send an email to
the PI. This mail will include the total time allocated and the
priority given to the program with respect of the other programs
stored in the QSO database.
- The QSO Team will ask the PI to prepare the observations through
their Phase 2 tool, or will prepare the observations according to the
information provided in the submitted Web form. It is the
responsibility of the PI of the proposal to make sure that this
information is correct.
- After the submission of the proposal, the PI (or a collaborator)
must remain available to answer questions regarding their
- If the proposal is rejected, the CFHT Director will contact the PI and inform him of his decision.